Dachshund Miniature Smooth Haired
Minor Puppy Dog (4)
1. Mylforbre the Bishop two promising puppies, felt the winner had the edge in head, conical shape with correct dark almond shaped eye, well constructed body, with level topline, covered the ground with ease.
2. Paradigm Hector Colossus, moved out really well from strong rear quarters, not as positive in front movement as winner today. Pleasing in head which is conical in shape with dark eyes.
3. Dubreys Star Dust
Puppy Dog (2)
1. Amaffrey Jessie James, two dogs of differing types here, chose this dog as my winner, I found him to be compact with good forechest, neck and shoulders with level topline, Pleasing head with dark eyes. Moved out well from strong rear quarters.
2. Bronia Palladio, not the compact body of winner, but he does have good ground clearance, sturdy body with deep oval chest, scored over winner for head which is masculine with good length of muzzle and strong jaw.
Junior Dog (2)
1. Marvale Red Cardinal, stunning dog who for me fitted the bill well, just what I was looking for, compact body, strong neck set into well laid shoulders, deep oval chest, well sprung rib, with short strong loin and firm underline, correct bone for size without being over sized, moved out well exhibiting reach and drive from strong rear quarters, pleased to award him Dog CC and later BOB
2. Marvale a Royal Affair, I see this dog is litter brother to winner and has many of his qualities, just a shade bigger than I prefer, he has good ground clearance to sturdy body well ribbed with level topline held on move, preferred the stronger action of winner.
Post Grad Dog (4)
1. Marvale Northern Cardinal at Jenivon, outstanding winner, male correct shape all round, strong body well ribbed with good oval forechest, strong reachy neck, firm level topline, drives off strong rear quarters.
2. Rioday Dishy Master Digby at Penwooddax, two year old black & tan male, differing in type to winner, covered the ground reasonably well just not as not as positive in rear movement as winner.
3. Dayjaris Cream Cracker
Limit Dog (6)
1. Ivan Poddubny Iz Omskoi Kreposti for Montone (Imp Rus) No doubting this black tan is a male, masculine head, dark oval eyes, strong muscled neck, oval chest, with deep rib, and level topline, won the class on movement.
2. Duddondaxs Judge Jude for Jenivon, loved the profile standing of this red male, head so well balanced proudly held on strong crested neck, prominent sternum, firm well ribbed body and strong muscular rear.
3. Deercroft Dream Chaser
Open Dog (8)
1. Ch. Siouxline Jacob JW, Pleased to see this red dog, one of the few who fitted within the weight limit today. He is compact in body yet still firm with correct bone for size, moderate neck, good forechest, deep and oval, well ribbed with strong level topline. Correct balance of muzzle to skull, he moved true coming and going, driving from strong rear quarters. Res Dog CC
2. Riowood Arizona JW, brindle male, with masculine head, built on larger frame than winner, a powerful mover from muscular rear quarters, strong body, well ribbed, with good forechest,
3. Riowood Black Jack
Special Beginners Dog (2)
1. Dubreys Star Dust, 9 month black & tan puppy, pleasing head, well balanced with dark almond shaped eyes, correct tapering muzzle, prominent in sternum, deep in rib,
2. Dayjaris Noble Nerine of Khaya, 2 year old choc. & tan male, masculine head, strong muzzle of good length with large open nostrils, lacking the forechest of winner and return of upper arm, well ribbed body, stands higher on leg, and covers the ground well moving.
Veteran Dog /Bitch (2)
1. Deercroft Summer Serenade JW, what a delight to handle this lovely 8 year old bitch, correct for size and weight, yet still with a firm well constructed body. Feminine yet balanced conical shaped head with ample muzzle, correct dark almond shaped eye, good dentition. Moved out displaying reach and drive keeping firm topline and correct underline.. A very worthy Best Veteran in Breed
2. Duke Midnight William, 7 year old choc & tan male, correct in head balance, good eye, strong reachy neck, set into laid back shoulders, prominent sternum with deep oval chest, good underline, well ribbed with well angulated rear quarters.
Good Citizen Dog/Bitch (2)
1. Melriding Natasha at Jenivon, 2 year old another striking dachshund from this kennel, super outline in profile, correct balance of head, strong muscular neck, set into well laid shoulders, prominent sternum with good keel flowing into correct underline and strong rear quarters. Would just like her a shade smaller all round.
2. Duke Midnight William
Special Beginners Bitch (6)
1. Ardenrun Waltzing Matilda NAF, b&t just out of puppy and still has maturing to do, pleasing head correct tapering muzzle,, conical shape, dark almond shaped eyes, moved out freely keeping a level topline, using her strong rear quarters.
2. Normpug Red Flame, pretty red bitch, compact and of a good size, although carrying a little too much weight on the day was still within standard. Balanced head, with dark eyes, tapering muzzle, good pigmentation, oval chest and well ribbed body of good size, moved out well
3. Gaberics Sorceriere-De-L’Quest at Penwooddax (Imp.France.)
Minor Puppy Bitch (6)
1. Marvale Rivoli, promising 9 month red bitch, she is compact, good forechest, sturdy well ribbed body without being oversized, a little proud of her tail on the move at times, but so full of confidence.. Pretty feminine head, lovely dark almond shaped eyes, good balance of muzzle to skull, correct tapering muzzle.
2. Rayol Barcelona, another lovely bitch, differing in type to winner, just a little longer in loin, she is higher on leg with good ground clearance. Pleasing head with long tapering muzzle, dark eyes, elegant reachy neck, prominent sternum, with good keel and underline, moved out well keeping her level topline
3. Jenivons Queen Bee
Puppy Bitch (5)
1. Shantallah Adelaide of Melriding, compactly made shaded red bitch with good forechest, keel and underline, firm well ribbed body, Feminine head well balanced with correct eye, dark and almond shaped, elegant neck well laid shoulders, firm topline, well angulated rear quarters, moved out well. Best Puppy in Breed
2. Bronia Pamina, 11 month black & tan bitch, Typey head with darkest of eyes, good length to muzzle, tapering to prominent nose. Well bodied with good forechest, well sprung rib and level topline, moved out really well.
3. Terhamsi Chocolate Orange
Junior Bitch (8)
1. Beachdax Queen of Hearts, Black & tan bitch, sturdy and well bodied, prominent sternum, with deep oval chest well supported, strong neck leading into level topline held on the move, strong muscular rear quarters used well to propel her around the ring displaying the required reach and drive with required correct underline and ample ground clearance. In the final line up I could not go past her for movement and awarded her Bitch CC, pleased to hear this also gave her the required points for her JW on the day too.
2. Jenivons Miss Marple, another quality bitch who was close up to the winner, Sturdy body, with prominent sternum, deep oval chest, well sprung rib, just felt winner had better ground clearance
3. Dynastydax Alfreda
Post Grad Bitch (8)
1. Tia Jane of Hulverstone, 2 year old red bitch, pleasing for size, with sturdy body deep oval chest, level topline, moved out well with good ground clearance.
2. Jenivons Red Robin, really liked this bitch would just have preferred her a size smaller, scored in head over the winner, deep oval chest, laid back shoulders with level topline well angulated rear quarters used well on the move.
3. Wolferlow Peggie Sue
Limit Bitch (10)
1. Deercroft Daybreak JW, 5 year old black & tan bitch, feminine head, well balanced, conical shape with good muzzle length and dark oval eyes, she is correct in size and weight, yet still with firm well sprung body, prominent sternum, oval chest with good keel and underline, moved out well.
2. Sonorra Ginger Snap of Rayol, compact red bitch, carrying too much weight on the day which spoilt her outline, laid back shoulders with good return of upper arm, well sprung rib and level topline.
3. Montone Be Brave
Open Bitch (4)
1. Cwmdarhian Annie Aokley at Gellijam, although up to size, this confident bitch excels in profile and free movement. Classic conical shaped head, with dark almond shaped eye, held high on strong crested neck set into well laid back shoulders, excels in front construction, prominent sternum, with deep oval chest well supported by well angulated forequarters, leading to firm level topline and strong well muscled rear quarters. Exhibits parallel movement coming and going covering the ground with reach and drive, couldn’t go past her for my Res Bitch CC
2. Montone Our Lady Faith at Winterfield, another who presents the classic outline standing, firm in body with pleasing head, good length of muzzle tapering as required, good reach of neck, well laid shoulders, level topline, preferred her size to winner but just couldn’t match 1st place in front movement.
3. Dynastydax Wilma
Judge Mrs Pauline Sidgwick