Northern Dachshund Ass 2017
Dachshund (Miniature Long-haired)
BEST OF BREED : WOOD Ch Wildstar Wrobinson & Best in Show
Dog CC : WOOD Ch Wildstar Wrobinson
Res Dog CC : BROOKS Lyndarlea Just Andy JW
Bitch CC : BELL Tolberg Legally Blonde JW ShCM
Res Bitch CC : HALL Cliffmere Levity
Best Puppy : ROWELL Emmajesk Masquerade
Best Veteran : GREEN Eldmour Electra
Veteran Dog (1 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: CONNEW Fenellafleur Zorro
Minor Puppy Dog
1st: No Entries
Puppy Dog (2 Entries) Abs:
1st: HIGGINS Ralines Just Jewels
2nd: WOODAGE Totonian William Travers
Junior Dog (4 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: WOOD Wildstar Wreward
2nd: JURY Bluebegin Thunder N'light Over Torwood
3rd: PASKINS Dinkidax Sandrayana at Kindeace
Res: WOODAGE Totonian William Travers
Post Graduate Dog
1st: No Entries
Limit Dog (5 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: BROOKS Lyndarlea Just Andy JW
2nd: SHUTT Dragonsteeth Cream Cracker at Donnadoon
3rd: JURY Bluebegin Thunder N'light Over Torwood
Res: GREEN Neertanauf Jack Jones
Open Dog (6 Entries) Abs:
1st: WOOD Ch Wildstar Wrobinson
2nd: BARNSDALE & HAYWARD-BARNSDALE Chriskims Trail Blazer Jw
3rd: JURY & STEPHANI& FLETCHER Torwood Please Turn Over
Res: WOODALL Ch Half Century At Rarewood
VHC: GREEN Neertanauf Jack Jones
Veteran Bitch (4 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: GREEN Eldmour Electra
2nd: JAMIESON Ch Djeata Spring Blossom
3rd: JURY & STEPHANI& FLETCHER Torwood Guns N'roses At Walnutfarm
Res: DRADY Larkhund Russian Kween
Minor Puppy Bitch (4 Entries) Abs: 3
1st: BROWN Skyemabell Over to You Garbosa
Puppy Bitch (3 Entries) Abs: 0
1st: ROWELL Emmajesk Masquerade
2nd: BROOKS Lyndarlea Speckled Hen
3rd: WOODAGE Totonian Fanny Travers
Junior Bitch (9 Entries) Abs:
1st: METCALFE Metadale Ariadne
2nd: WOOD Wildstar Wreeva
3rd: BROOKS Lyndarlea Vienna
Res: ROYLANCE Abbillis Immortaility
VHC: JURY & STEPHANI & FLETCHER Dinkidax Amber Red
Post Graduate Bitch (6 Entries) Abs:
1st: HALL Cliffmere Levity
2nd: MITCHELL Bronia First Impression
3rd: SHUTT Sanmik Magic Happens to Donnadoon
Res: WOODALL Rarewood Coco Mist
VHC: DRADY Jumanda's Silver Sparkle At Indiko
Limit Bitch (8 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: BELL Tolberg Legally Blonde JW
2nd: WALTERS Ralines Flirtini
3rd: WOOD Wildstar Wynnona JW
Res: GRAHAM Hillstar Krismas Rose Of Jadag
VHC: MEE Barlaine's Red Splendour
Open Bitch (5 Entries) Abs: 1
1st: BROOKS Hanishan Eezy Magic Nite at Lyndarlea
2nd: METCALFE Metadale Aphrodite
3rd: MEE Barlaine's Golden Delight
Res: GRAHAM Devoncream Lily Luna At Jadag
Northern Counties Dachshund Association Sub-Group
Championship Show 15th Sept 2017
Judges critique - Judge: Lloyd Cross (Loggeta)
Miniature Long Haired Dachshunds
I would firstly like to thank the committee of the NCDA for inviting me to judge once again at their very friendly Championship show which this year was held in conjunction with Darlington All Breeds Championship Show. The effort, planning and hard work put in by the committee and a very dedicated secretary was plain to see and although a long day for those entering two championship shows it was a slick and well operated show with many happy exhibitors. Thanks also to all the exhibitors for showing their dogs under me much appreciated as many would not have been exhibiting or would not remember me and my Standard Longs from back in the 1980s.
On the whole bitches had more quality in depth than the dogs. I was very pleased with my CC, res. CC & class winners although I feel it important to point out that a sound temperament is essential in any of the dachshund varieties and I was disappointed that many exhibits lacked confidence and misbehaved when being handled on the table. I am always very calm and have a gentle but firm approach when handling dogs on the table but several of the exhibits lost placings on being nervous or in one case trying to jump off the table. This is something that has to be addressed - also dirty teeth of which there were many is unacceptable when exhibiting. In general mouths, apart from one were good, tails sound without kinks, heads good and eye colour and shape very good, nice barrel ribbing extending well back on the majority weight and conditioning good. This variety like a few I have judged most recently need to watch that the whole shoulder girdle is well set back when too far forward the dogs appear loaded in shoulder and the strong forward thrust with a long easy stride which is desired, will be missing and the dogs will be flat chested. Without well angulated shoulders and hind quarters the dachshund lacks overall balance and I found a few exhibits a little too tall for my liking having an upright shoulder and insufficient hind angulation will make a dog appear balanced and level toplined but they will not be able to move correctly.
Veteran Dog (1,0)
1) Connews Fenella Fleur Zorro Silver dapple of 7 years nice front and correct hind angulation moved well but mouth could have been better.
Puppy Dog (2,0)
1) Higgins Ralines Just Jewels Black and cream very well constructed. Nice tight elbows and correct front. Moved with style and drive.
2) Woodages Totonian William Travers B/T good front but not as good as 1 behind and didnt move with the required drive.
Junior Dog (4,0)
1) Woods Wildstar Wreward B/T of excellent overall construction and balance exceptional front and good hindquarter angulation moved with purpose and drive will do very well.
2) Jurys Bluebegin Thunder N Light over Torwood Nicely put together Silver Dapple of good overall balance but just a bit too much of him for me.
3) Paskins Dinkidax Sandrayana At Kindeace
Limit Dog (5,1)
1) Brooks Lyndarlea Just Andy JW Lovely shaded cream of superb type and well presented in good adult coat and handled well. Lovely head and eye, great dark pigmentation - nose, nails and eyes and which was not always the case with some of the creams. Had great substance, balance and ring presence - moved with purpose. Won this class with ease and delighted to award him the Res. C.C. Understand he is now a well deserved Champion.
2) Shutts Dragonsteeth Cream Cracker at Donnadoon Cream dog of nice construction but his antics on the table and nervousness could not be excused on the day.
3) Bluebegin Thunder N Light over Torwood
Open Dog (6,1)
1) Woods Ch. Wildstar Wrobinson the most beautiful shaded red filled my eye completely stood out in the entire entry with his fantastic coat, elegant lines & correct construction brilliantly turned out and handled to perfection. Not overdone in any department and is a lovely sized well put together dog that did not put a foot wrong. Moved with excellent presence and drive. I particularly liked his size/bone ratio and his overall breed type delighted to award him C.C. & BOB and even happier to see him go BIS under the well-respected dachshund breed specialist Wendy Barrow. A dog that will be remembered as one of the greats I believe.
2) Barnsdale & Hayward Barnsdales Chriskims Trail Blazer Good exhibit of sound construction, good balance and movement, just not the quality of the winner. Well-presented and handled.
3) Jurys Torwood Please Turn Over
Veteran Bitch (4,0)
1) Greens Eldmour Electra Nice shaded red girl retaining her shape and condition at 10 years young! Presented & moved well covering the ground with ease. Best Veteran.
2) Jamiesons Ch. Djeata Spring Blossom very well constructed lady of 11 years lovely outline but unfortunately not retaining her youthful weight and style but very well presented and at 11 years certainly doesnt need to be at fighting weight!
3) Jury, Stephani & Fletchers Torwood Guns N Roses at Walnutfarm
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,3)
1) Browns Skyemabell Over To You Garbosa Nice B/T baby just 6.5 months and very raw. Little upright behind and needs to mature and settle in action but promising. Stood alone due to absentees.
Puppy Bitch (3,3)
1) Rowells Emmajesk Masquerade lovely cream of elegance for one so young. Excellent front and hind angulaition. Moved with purpose and drive. Showed and handled well. BPIB
2) Brooks Lyndarlea Speckled Hen good quality silver dapple of great overall construction, nice head & eye - just missed out as I preferred the hind movement of the winner.
3) Woodages Totonian Fanny Travers
Junior Bitch (9,2)
1) Metcalfes Metadale Ariadne Loved this exhibit in outline, super topline and hind angulation, moved with good drive behind. For me would just like her slightly tighter in elbow and tended to turn her feet out on the day shame. Couldnt be denied the class on overall type and quality.
2) Woods WIldstar Wreeva another lovely exhibit from this kennel litter sister to Junior Dog winner - superb construction and oozes quality unfortunately on the day threw the class away misbehaving!
3) Brooks Lyndarlea Vienna
Post Grad Bitch (6,1)
1) Halls Cliffmere Levity shaded cream of lovely construction with balance, style and elegance - another that filled my eye and it was a close-run thing in the end between her and the Limit winner for the top award with a little more maturity will surely hit the top spots must be a champion in the making. Delighted to award her the Res CC.
2) Mitchells Bronia First Impression lovely well put together red girl with nothing to hide as she was unfortunately out of coat but this fact meant her correct construction was visible for all to see should do very well when in full coat.
3) Shutts Sanmik Magic Happens To Donnadoon
Limit Bitch (8,1)
By far the best class of the day with all of the exhibits of excellent quality great strength of quality in depth those missing out on a placing equally of excellent quality just my preference on the day for those placed.
1) Bells Tolberg Legally Blonde JW Sh. CM another quality shaded cream exhibit of beautiful size, very feminine with elegance and style. Super temperament. Sound all through. Great front, prominent sternum and depth of keel and follow through into lovely ribbing extending well back. Lovely hind quarters. Handled superbly & moved with positive drive and held a lovely outline at all times. Pushed hard in the challenge by the PG class winner but won on her ring presence and style had the edge on maturity and finish and I was delighted to award her what I found out was her 2nd CC. Hopefully the 3rd will follow in the near future.
2) Walters Ralines Flirtini lovely well presented cream ultra sound throughout and moved well just not the elegance and style of the class winner. That said would be a worthy winner as would many in this class another champion in the making Im sure.
3) Woods WIldstar Wynnona
Open Bitch (5,1)
1) Brooks Hanishan Eezzy Magic Nite At Lyndarlea Very honest if a little plain shaded red bitch, well put together and moved well.
2) Metcalfes Metadale Aphrodite Pretty cream of good overall construction moved well with good drive would like a stronger front.
3) Mees Barlaines Golden Delight
Alf Hague Memorial Special Puppy Dog or Bitch (9,6)
1) McNaughton Cedavoch Rainstorm lovely red standard smooth bitch super outline and correctly constructed all through moved extremely well and held a classic outline on the move. One that will do extremely well for sure.
2) Daykins Barratini Angels Eve mini wire bitch of super sound type great showgirl.
3) Bushells Ranglewood Harvest Hopps S/L
A.V. Evelyn Dogdshun Memorial Special Junior D/B (7,4)
1) Huttons Dachalune Araxia B/T Std Long bitch lovely type and very well put together
2) Paskins Territoriya Lubvi Vesna at Kindeace (Imp) Red Std Long Bitch of a taller type
A.V. Geoffrey Farrand Memorial Special Open D/B (9,7)
1) Mitchells Ch. Bronia True Legacy Lovely red Std Long Dog of superb proportions, great front neck and head, super shoulders flowing into lovely level topline good ribbing carried well back and nice hind quarters. Moved soundly and with a great deal of ring presence. Very pleased to be given the chance to go over him a worthy Champion.
2) Huttons Ch River Rumpus Through Dachalune SH. CM Very sound and honest B/T Std Long and a favourite of mine having awarded him his first CC some years ago. Still ultra sound despite now entering the veteran stages of his career. Moved well and I still like every bit of him. Well done for making him up.