Crufts Championship Show 2014
Dachshund (Long Haired)
Judge: Mrs S Metcalfe-Bilgin
BEST OF BREED : MITCHELL Ch Bronia Lotario
Dog CC : MITCHELL Ch Bronia Lotario
Res Dog CC : HUTTON River Rumpus through Dachalune
Bitch CC : MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Kismet
Res Bitch CC : ROBERTS Swansford Whoopydora
Best Puppy : MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Kismet
Although the weather has not been particularly helpful for keeping dogs in top condition I found the majority of exhibits were presented in very good body, coat and muscle condition. However, movement was poor in many cases but this was due to conformation related problems and not general condition. I found many exhibits lacking in the necessary angulation both front and rear and many exhibits were narrow through but particularly in the rear. Having said that there were still some very nice dogs present and we should just be aware of the problems in our lovely breed and breed sensibly to eradicate them. A narrow dog with upright shoulders, short upper arms, short second thigh and long rear pasterns will never move correctly!
Veteran Dog 7(0)
1. Geeson CH.ABYDACHS OH WHAT A NIGHT JW. Shaded red dog of good size and type. Good shaped head and eye. Well muscled neck and strong topline. Completely balanced in profile. Moved with drive and style. Good body, coat and muscle tone. A credit to his owner/handler.
2. Hutton OWLERY MAJESTIC OF DACHALUNE SH.CM. Masculine shaded red dog. Taller and slightly longer in loin than winner but very elegant. Lovely head, clean neck running into well laid shoulders. Good bone and substance. Moved well in profile but could have a bit more width.
3. Sutton DAMAI MASTER BENEDICT SH.CM Black & tan dog in gleaming condition. Nice head and eye and long elegant neck giving him a good head carriage. Would like a little more length in upper arm and second thigh. Not holding his topline as strong as winners today but certainly moved as if he was enjoying his day.
Special;Puppy dog 4(0)
1. McNaughton CEDAVOCH UNDER A SPELL.Dark shaded red youngster with a stunning balanced outline. Good shoulder placement, strong topline, good ribbing and beautiful well angulated quarters. Moved with drive and spacing. Just needs to firm and settle on the move and he should have a great future.
2. Dare ZARCREST MARC JACOBS AT DARSOMS.Red dog. Compact with a nice clean outline and shape. Balanced angulation front and rear. Strong topline which he held standing and on the move. Moved well in profile though not quite the width and freedom of winner today.
3. Duchesne DARSOMS ZIFI OF SCANDELL. Taller red boy who was still very immature in this class. Good masculine head and strong neck. Standing and moving a little high and square at the rear today which rather spoilt his outline. Moved out with purpose.
Special Junior Dog 3(0)
1. Chapman MELMINDS ZSYLVESTER. Elegant shaded red dog. Good outline with nice flowing lines. Good strong topline which he held both standing and on the move. Pleasing head and eye. well angulated front and rear. Moved out well holding a good profile shape.
2. Fossett AFRICANDAWNS NIGHT GARDIAN AT BRYSDAX. Shaded red dog with nice head and beautiful eyes. Strong neck, good bone and substance with ribbing carried well back. Not the rear angulation of winner so tending to stand and move rather high at the rear.
3. Hughes DACHSARAH ROUST ABOUT. Black & tan who was much more immature than the others. Lovely head and eye but lacking balanced proportions of others. Rather erratic on the move today.
Special Yearling Dog 5(0)
1. Mitchell CH.BRONYS MR PEPYS. Very impressive young dog Good size and shape. nice head with a pleasing expression. Strong muscled neck into excellent well laid shoulders . Strong topline and well angulated quarters. Really came into his own on the move, moving soundly with extension, drive and freedom.
2. Cook & Rhodes BOURNDER REGENCY MALACHITE. Black & tan dog who was nice to handle. Good head and eye. Well proportioned and keeping a good shape. Balanced angulation front and rear. Strong topline. Moved soundly but wasn't making the most of himself on the move today. That little touch of confidence would make all the difference Im sure.
3. Fossett BRYSDAX SECOND TO NONE. Red dog who put on a really good performance today. Nice head and eye, strong topline with ribbing carried well back. Just lacking the angulation and width of winners today. Moved out with style.
Post Graduate dog 6(0)
1. Wood ROGERMARDAX JACK SPRATT. Balanced red dog of nice size. Conical head of good proportions. Good substance and depth. Balanced throughout with no exaggerations. Kept his outline well on the move.
2. Wren ZARCREST CALVIN KLEIN BETWIXT THEBALICIOUS.SH.CM. Taller, masculine shaded red dog. Good clean outline with elegant outlook. Good topline. Not the angulation of winner today. Moved positively keeping his shape.
3. Bedford AFRICANDAWNS LARRY’S LEGACY OF DINKIDUDLOR. Shaded red dog who has good basic conformation. His head appeared small and his neck short but this was caused by his excessive body weight. Moved OK but again hindered by his weight. Presentation could be improved.
Limit Dog 10(0)
1,. Hutton RIVER RUMPUS THROUGH DACHALUNE. What a pleasure this dog is to handle. Not a glamour dog but everything in the right place and all flowing nicely together. Well proportioned throughout. Good head, well laid shoulders and nicely rounded well angulated quarters. Once you have handled him his excellent movement is just what you would expect. Well presented in excellent condition. Res. C.C
2. Hagan & Borsuk WHAT A CORKER AT FOLLYPAWS. Black & tan of good shape and size. Balanced outline with balanced shoulders and quarters,. Not the finesse in head or strength of top as winner but good profile which he held. Moved soundly with purpose.
3. Lewis BRONIA CHAOS AT TRIXHUND SH.CM. Red dog with lovely head, clean outline and strong topline. Not the hind angulation of winners and this meant he moved rather stilted at the rear today.
Open Dog 9(1)
1. Mitchell CH.BRONIA LOTARIO.JW. Shaded red dog who just oozed style, elegance and quality. Good head and eye. Strong neck and topline. Good bone, substance, ribbing and width. Excellent shoulders and quarters and he made the most of all his assets on the move where he retained his style and elegance and moved with power and drive flowing around the ring with his beautiful well presented coat gleaming. C.C. B.O.B and I later was not surprised to discover he was the father to my bitch C.C. winner. Was delighted to see him get a well deserved second in the hound group
2. Dare CH.BRONIA SALVADOR OF DARSOMS.Slightly larger red dog of similar type to winner. I gave this dog a C.C as a youngster and he has matured into a real stallion hound. Lovely well balanced proportions and outline. Clean neck into well laid shoulders, strong topline and quarters. Moved out with power and drive showing some much younger dogs how it should be done. Another shown in lovely condition.
3. Hutton ROLO RASCAL OVER DACHALUNE.SH.CM Taller, very elegant shaded red dog. Beautiful head and eye. Long neck into good shoulder. Strong topline and quarters making a good shape and outliner. Moved well but not the spacing or drive of winners today,.
Good Citizens Dog 7 (0)
1. Hutton RIVER RUMPUS THROUGH DACHALUNE
2, Hutton ROLO RASCAL OVER DACHALUNE SH.CM
3. Wren ZARCREST CALVIN KLEIN BETWIXT THEBALICIOUS SH.CM
Veteran Bitch 4(1)
1. Roberts CH.SWANSFORD BURBURYDORA. Black & tan bitch of nice size and proportions. Good head and eye. Neck flowing into well laid shoulders, good topline and ribbing and well angulated quarters. Moved really well with drive covering the ground much better and easier than many younger bitches.
Special Puppy Bitch 4 (0)
1. McNaughton CEDAVOCH KISMET. Beautifully balanced shaded red bitch with a stunning profile. Not exaggerated in any way but a very complete package. Well angulated at the front and rear. Strong topline which she kept standing and on the move. Good bone and substance and ribbing carried well back. Moved out covering the ground easily with purpose, extension and drive. Shall follow her career with interest. C.C.
2. Geeson ABYDACHS VISION OF THE NIGHT.Very stylish compact red bitch. Lovely feminine head and expression. Excellent topline which she held well. Balanced angulation fore and aft. Moved well with great carriage and presence. Just not the drive of winner today.
3. Garlick RANGLEWOOD DIAMOND HEIST. Black & Tan of nice size and type. feminine head and balanced proportions. Kept her shape and topline well. Movement rather erratic today.
Special Junior Bitch 5 (0)
1. Chapman MELMINDS MALEFICENT .Pretty shaded red bitch of nice size and type. Good outline and shape both standing and moving. Not in full coat at the moment but she had nothing to hide. Balanced conformation throughout. Moved well in profile just needs to strengthen on the move but she has time and maturity on her side.
2. Lumley TARRAMIST TSARINE. Red bitch with good head and eye. Good bone, substance and ribbing. Lovely well presented coat. A little down on her front pasterns today both standing and on the move. Moved out positively but appearing rather high at rear.
3. Hughes DACHSARAH SCARLET OHARA. Taller red bitch with a nice head and eye. Balanced front and rear. Very immature at the moment. On the move was rather unco-ordinated and erratic today
Special Yearling Bitch 5(0)
1. Mitchell AFRICANDAWNS LILLY'S LEGACY AT BRONIA.Red bitch of good size and overall type. Feminine with nice style and carriage. Kept her outline and shape at all times. Strong topline. good bone and ribbing. Moved out soundly covering the ground easily.
2. Cook & Rhodes BOURNDER RUBY EMPRESS. Taller red bitch with a lovely head and expression. Good neck, front and strong topline. In excellent coat and condition. Moved well in profile but not as positive as winner at the rear.
3. Westons GLENEDDEE LIQUROICE DIVA.Black & tan bitch of nice size. Good head the darkest of eyes. Feminine bitch shown in lovely condition. Tending to stand high at the rear today and was rather erratic and close on the move.
Post Graduate Bitch 6(0)
This was a very mixed class with some exhibits not moving very well at all on the day.
1. Garlicks RANGLEWOOD IDESIA. Nice size and type of black & tan bitch. Good shape and outline. Balanced throughout with good proportions. Nice head and neck. Good topline which she held well. Moved positively with a little more freedom than second.
2. Wards BONAVOIR ISABELLA.Black & tan bitch of similar type to winner. Had many of the attributes of one but just not as strong in topline today. Moved out well.
3. Eves DACHSLUR MAIRI MY DREAM. Taller shaded red bitch with good head and expression. Rather straight in rear angulation and rear pasterns could be shorter but moved out to gain her place. In lovely coat and condition.
Limit Bitch 10(1)
1. Roberts SWANSFORD WHOOPYDORA. Pretty red bitch of good size and type. Balanced proportions and conformation. Well laid shoulders, good ribbing and nicely angulated rounded quarters. Nice bitch to handle with lovely flowing lines. Moved really well both in profile and front and rear. Really flowed round the ring with ease. Res. C.C.
2. Dares DARSOMS ZSHONA. Shaded red bitch with a nice clean outline. Balanced throughout. Good neck with strong topline. Good bone and ribbing. Moved with style and elegance though not the positive drive of winner today.
3. Dunbar & McNaughtons BRONIA VELVETEEN. Taller black & tan bitch with lovely head , expression and eye. Long neck and strong topline which she kept well at all times. Shown in beautiful coat and condition. Moved soundly but just a little restricted today.
Open Bitch 10 (2)
1. McNaughtons CH.CEDAVOCH SORCERESS. Clear red bitch of good proportions and type. Balanced throughout. Nice head, strong neck and topline.. Excellent angulation front and rear. In full well presented coat. Moved really well with spacing and drive covering the ground easily. Just not the presence and carriage on the move of the two younger bitches in the challenge today.
2. Geesons CH.ABYDACHS SUMMER WINE. Quality red bitch with a lovely head and eye. Good neck and immaculate topline which she kept at all times. Balanced angulation front and back. Moved with style and presence though not the freedom of winner today. A very elegant feminine bitch.
3. Mcfauls CH.IR.CH.DACHVILLE SPECIAL BLEND.Very elegant feminine black and tan bitch. Good head and neck. Well proportioned throughout. Good depth and ribbing. Nice flowing clean outline. Moved well but not the spacing and drive of winners today.
Good Citizens Bitch 6 (1)
1. Eves DACHSLUR MAIRI MY DREAM.
2. Eves DACHSLUR DIAMOND FANCY FREE AT SUNDAYSHILL. Another taller shaded red bitch of similar type to winner. Good head and eye. Shown in lovely coat and condition. Not moving as freely as winner today.
3. Dimons DIMERLIN ISOLDE. Very feminine black & tan bitch with a nice head. Well balanced proportions with good length. Was just rather restricted on the move today.