Scottish Kennel Club Championship Show 2021
MAY SHOW HELD IN OCTOBER 2021
Puppy Dog (1)
1. McNaughton’s Cedavoch Dark Magic, promising 6month youngster, the only black and tan present today. Masculine tapering head, strong jaw and muzzle, dark eyes, good reach of neck set well into laid back shoulders, level topline well ribbed with deep oval chest. Still at the puppy stage but moved out steadily coming and going, before deciding he wanted to play.
Junior Dog (1)
1. Roberts Ch. Swansford Gregorydor, a stunning young dog I have admired from the ringside and was not disappointed. Well balanced all through, conical shaped head, dark almond shaped eyes and strong jaw, Displays a perfect compact outline in profile, head held high on reachy neck, well laid shoulders leading into level topline, well ribbed with required forechest and displaying correct ground clearance. Moves out with drive from strong rear quarters. Just lost out today to winner who I felt displayed better forward reach when moving around the ring. A worth Champion Res. CC today.
Post Grad Dog (1)
1. Clarke’s Tekalhaus the Excelsior, 16 month shaded red dog, higher on leg than previous winners, hence ample ground clearance, with strong free movement coming and going. He has a good reach of neck, deep well sprung rib, pleasing head with dark almond shaped eyes, good pigmentation, tapering to strong muzzle.
Limit Dog (2)
1. Cross Loggeta Trouble in Texas, at just over 2years, this dog presents the fully mature picture, shaded coat in superb condition, body firm and well muscled. Elegant outline from his conical shaped head, dark well pigmented almond shaped eyes, flowing into strong neck set into laid back shoulders, well ribbed body with prominent sternum, level topline and strong well angulated rear quarters, On the move he was true coming and going, in profile exhibits effortless forward reach and strong rear drive. Today was his day, pleased to award him Dog CC & BOB
2. Pike, Carter & Harris Zarcrest Huw Grant, 3 year old shaded red dog solid body, deep chest, heavier coated than I prefer, Masculine head, deeper in stop than desired, strong muzzle, moderate reach of neck set into shoulders, strong well angulated rear giving driving action.
Open Dog (3)
1. Metcalfe-Bilgin’s Metadale Monterey Jack, a lovely dog to handle on table just a little sluggish on move today. Classic conical shaped head with dark almond shaped eyes, well balanced, moderate neck, level topline, well ribbed body with good forechest.
2. Pike & Carter Zarcrest George Clooney, 5 year old shaded red, built on heavier lines than winner, strong bone, masculine head, with deeper stop, dark eyes and dense pigmentation, good reach of neck set into laid back shoulders, deep oval chest, well sprung rib, level topline, moved out well with drive.0
3. Hayes Swansford Clusterdor Mitt Dialhouse
Puppy Bitch (1)
1. McNaughton’s Cedavoch Blithe Spirit, what a beautiful bitch puppy, a good size yet with that touch of elegance required of a bitch, well balanced, conical shaped head, dark almond shaped eyes, with good pigmentation, moderate neck, well ribbed for age with prominent sternum, level topline and well rounded rear quarters. Moved out well for age, Best Puppy & Res Bitch CC
Junior Bitch (2)
1. Roberts Swansford Glendadora, sister to JD winner, similar in type, not as strong in rear as him. She presents a pleasing picture in profile, compact in body with good forechest, level topline well ribbed, moderate neck, set into well laid shoulders Feminine head, strong tapering muzzle, well balanced, with dark almond shaped eyes.
2. Foley’s Loggetawynn By Myles, sturdy 14 month bitch, well filled oval forechest, deep well sprung ribs, level topline, a little reluctant to move, but once going moved fairly well.
Novice Bitch (1)
1. McNaughton’s Cedavoch Spellbound, I see this bitch is sister to puppy winners, she is certainly more mature, shown in glorious well fringed, mahogany shaded red coat. Lovely to handle on table, beautiful conical shaped head, dark almond shaped eyes, moderate neck set into well laid shoulders, prominent sternum with good keel, firm level topline and broad well angulated rear quarters.
Post Grad Bitch (1)
1. Metcalfe-Bilgin’s Metadale Margarita, elegant bitch, looks good in profile, well balanced all through, good reach of neck set into well laid shoulders, deep oval chest with prominent sternum, well ribbed with good keel and level topline,
Limit Bitch (3)
1. Whitfield-Roberts Swansford Gleighdora, I see she is litter sister to the junior winners and of similar quality. Alert expression to head which is correct conical shape, almond shaped eyes, reachy neck well set into shoulders, with good forechest and prominent sternum, well angulated forequarters, good rib with level topline, moved out well to take class.
2. McGavigan & Pettigrew’s Clentry Camellia for Pettigans, 3year old bitch, a little longer in body than winner, well sprung rib, level topline, deep oval chest, well angulated forequarters, level topline, correct head properties with strong muzzle.
3. Pike & Carter’s Zarcrest Angelina Jolie at Breezelyn
Open Bitch (5)
1. Miller & Ryan’s Ch Bronia Final Fantasy at Cavallibrook JW, a pleasure to judge this special bitch, from her conical shaped head, dark almond shaped eyes, feminine yet still with that defiant look. Excellent neck set into well laid shoulders, deep oval chest prominent sternum with well placed keel, slight tuck up, strong loin, well angulated muscular rear quarters which she uses to advantage to drive around the ring. Pleased to award her Bitch CC
2. Cross Glasvey Double Trouble for Loggeta JW, this bitch took a while to settle as handler had dashed from the adjoining ring. She has a sturdy body with well sprung rib, firm topline. Typical head with dark eyes and good pigmentation, strong tapering muzzle. Once settled she moved out well
3. Metcalfe-Bilgin Metadale Moana
Judge: Pauline Sidgwick