Scottish Dachshund Club Championship Show October 2021 - Show 1
Judge: Lloyd Cross (Loggeta)
BEST OF BREED : CHAUNAN Ch Adnerb Take a Chance on me at Raajput
Dog CC : CHAUNAN Raajput's Blacky Returns
Res Dog CC : MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Struuann
Best Puppy Dog : MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Struuann
Bitch CC : Ch CHAUNAN Adnerb Take a Chance on me at Raajput
Res Bitch CC : ANDISON & PEEL Clentry Little Me
Best Puppy Bitch : ANDISON & PEEL Clentry Little Me
Best Puppy : MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Struuann
Best Veteran : NORTON Ch Matzell Minella
Veteran Dog or Bitch (2 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: NORTON Ch Matzell Minella
Puppy Dog (2)
1st: MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Struuann
2nd: STARKEY Carpaccio Magnum Pi at Hamoura
Junior Dog (2 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: HUNT Pelirrija Joined Forces with Carpaccio
Post Graduate Dog
1st: No Entries
Limit Dog (6 Entries)
1st: CHAUNAN Raajput's Blacky Returns
2nd: MCDONALD Bensarka Limerick
3rd: HEELS Daxanory Menacing Dennis
Res: MCNAUGHTON Cedavoch Finwe
VHC: HUNT Carpaccio Suchard
Open Dog (4 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: REYNOLDS Cwmdarhian San Domenico
2nd: MOES & WILLIAMS Ch Cwmdarhian Rocket Man
3rd: HUNT Ch Lauralee Huckleberry Finn at Carpaccio JW
Puppy Bitch (2 Entries)
1st: ANDISON & PEEL Cedavoch Argentine Tango
2nd: HUNT Carpaccio Silver Dollar
Junior Bitch (2 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: ANDISON & PEEL Clentry Little Me
Post Graduate Bitch (6 Entries)
1st: STARK Adnerbs Won Vision of Gobannium JW
2nd: BOSS & BALFOUR Clentry Mickey Mania
3rd: PLAYFAIR Kaimknowe Capella
Res: HEELS Daxanory Ravishing Meg
VHC: ANDISON & PEEL Clentry All Ways Russian
Limit Bitch (5 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: CHAUNAN Adnerb Forever Charmed at Raajput
2nd: NORTON Matzell Martinella
3rd: ANDISON & PEEL Excellmagic Rajkumari
Res: TOMLINSON Bensarka Emerald Isle to Melisdax
Open Bitch (7 Entries) Abs : 1
1st: CHAUNAN Ch Adnerb Take a Chance on me at Raajput
2nd: NORTON Ch Matzell Martha
3rd: MOES & WILLIAMS Cwmdarhian Tiny Dancer
Res: RODGER Cedavoch Sophisticate at Thundergay
VHC: BOSS & BALFOUR Clentry Mickey Mania
I would firstly like to thank the club for their kind invitation to judge at the first show of their ‘double’ championship shows moved to its new venue back over the border into Scotland. Despite a rather wet start to the day, I was welcomed with a lovely hot breakfast before I started which set me up nicely for the day. Many thanks also to those exhibitors who entered their dogs under me – the quality of the smooths in competition was of a high standard with many close decisions separating several placings. As a few points of note please pay attention to feet and the fact that they should be ‘Front feet full, broad, deep, close knit, straight or very slightly turned out. Hindfeet smaller and narrower. Toes close together, with a decided arch to each toe, strong regularly placed nails, thick and firm pads.’ There were far too many exhibits with poor flat splayed feet without any arch at all & a lot down on pasterns. Lack of sufficient drive behind was absent from many exhibits however I was very pleased with the quality of all my class winners and top award winners. Reading the catalogue as I write my critique it was interesting to see that some good progress is being made incorporating new imported bloodlines into established UK lines. Both of my CC winners being descended from the same American import. This is to be commended in the continuation of good healthy dogs – it always takes time but patience is a virtue and those breeders who strive to continue to improve the breed must be congratulated. Thanks also to my knowledgeable steward Margaret Turner for her help throughout the morning.
Veteran Dog/Bitch (2,1)
1. Norton’s Ch. Matzell Minella elegant 7-year red girl of lovely balance. Beautiful, elegant head and expression. Good front and shoulder placement nice tight elbows. Elegant neck flowing into lovely level topline. Strong well-muscled hindquarters providing good drive. Moved soundly for and aft. Best Veteran in Breed
Puppy Dog (2,0)
1. McNaughton’s Cedavoch Struuann, 10-month shaded red of super type, this dog has a presence and lovely flowing elegant lines throughout. Strong masculine head, dark almond shaped eye, and powerful jaw without exaggeration. Great well-placed shoulders, correctly angulated hindquarters providing good drive. An impressive young dog who will go on to win many more top awards as he fully matures – in the challenge I preferred the maturity and finish of the Limit winner. Res CC & Best Puppy.
2. Starkey’s Carpaccio Magnum PI at Hamoura, 7 month B/T, balanced boy of a larger frame needing time to fill and mature. Will watch to see how he develops.
Junior Dog (2,1)
1. Hunt’s Pelirroja Joined Forces With Carpaccio, correct sized red dog without exaggeration throughout. Good head with dark eye nice outline held on the move, good spring of rib, through to strong hindquarters with correct turn of stifle. Would like a little more drive on the move. Stood alone but well worthy of his class win.
Limit Dog (6,0)
1. Chauhan’s Raajput’s Blacky Returns, 20 months outgoing B/T of stunning masculine type. Great bone and substance without being coarse or exaggerated. Real hound head of correct conical proportions, strong jaw, darkest of eye almond shaped. Lovely flowing and extension of strong neck into well laid-back shoulders into a lovely firm and level topline. Super full ribbing extending well back, short loin, correct height to length ratios with sufficient ground clearance to do a good day’s work. Nice hammy strong hindquarters with great angulation. Moved out correctly, with purpose and drive showing a good pair of pads! Delighted to award him the CC.
2. MacDonalds Bensarka Limerick, same age as winner and although slightly smaller built on similar lines. A very sound honest dog all through, lovely head and expression, excelled in definition of pro-sternum, sweep of keel and ribbing. Moved correctly for and aft and held a very good outline on the move. Bought back in for res CC challenge but just preferred the drive of the puppy. Another that will do very well.
3. Heels Daxonary Menacing Dennis
Open Dog ( 4,1)
1. Reynolds Cwmdarhian San Domenico, 2-year-old shaded red dog of great type and style. Good front and shoulders, correct head and nice eye and expression, nice reach of neck into good shoulders, Nice full ribbing extending back and level topline and sound correctly angulated hindquarters. Moved soundly away and back and another who caught the eye on the move. In the very strong challenge just missed out to others that just hit the mark for me on the day.
2. Williams & Moes Ch. Cwmdarhian Rocket Man, litter brother to 1st. Lots of similarities to his brother and sound throughout. Good head and eye long neck into decent shoulders. Level topline and moved correctly for and aft although would prefer a more positive driving movement which his brother displayed on the day. Worthy champion.
3. Hunts Ch. Lauralee Huckleberry Finn at Carpaccio JW
Puppy Bitch (2,0)
1. Andison & Peels Cedavoch Argentine Tango, 8 months shaded red of super type. A real baby but really well put together, very sound front girdle construction with excellent defined pro-sternum. Good topline & very nicely angulated behind strong straight hocks. One to watch
2. Hunt’s Carpaccio Silver Dollar, 7 months nicely marked silver dapple & litter sister to 2nd in PD. Similar remarks apply to her brother needing to mature and fill the frame at the moment, will improve with more time. Moved with purpose.
Junior Bitch (2,1)
1. Andison & Peels Clentry Little Me, 7 months Red Brindle of outstanding overall construction and balance for one so young, very neat oval front construction, nice tight elbows, lovely substance & bone, good shoulder placement lovely flow over the hindquarters. Good temperament. Moved true fore and aft holding a lovely outline – good strong straight hocks, loved her. One I would have liked to take home. Delighted to award her the Res. CC
Post Graduate Bitch (6,1)
1. Starks Adnerbs Won Vision of Gobannium JW, shaded red of very well-balanced proportions, correct size. Elegant head and dark oval eye, kind expression. Correctly set ears lovely flowing neck. Kept a lovely outline at all times moved correctly in front and behind. Super angulation throughout. Quality girl and sister to my BOB winner. I wish her owner much success – a great showing partnership. In super company in the challenge.
2. Boss & Balfours Clentry Mickey Mania, red of quality holding a correct flowing outline on the move. Feminine head, good almond shaped eye and nice shoulder & hind angulation. Would prefer a more sweeping underline and less cut up but an excellent shape and size.
3. Playfairs Kaimknowe Capella
Limit Bitch (5,1)
1. Chauhan’s Adnerbs Forever Charmed At Raajput, shaded red of super type, great frontal construction, balanced in bone and substance, good feet, correct placement of shoulder into lovely topline moved with purpose in true gait holding a lovely outline. Another from the top drawer and reading her pedigree I see she is a full sister from a later litter to my BOB winner – I am sure she will be gaining her title in the not too distant future.
2. Norton’s Matzell Martinella, another lovely well-constructed exhibit from this kennel. Red of very sound solid type good head and eye, good reach of neck, correct shoulder construction a little heavy in front for my liking great topline and good hindquarters not the drive of the winner today – maybe the sports hall surface.
3. Andison & Peels Excellmagic Rajkumari Royalindipower (Imp Rus)
Open Bitch (7,1)
1. Chauhan’s Ch. Adnerbs Take A Chance On Me At Raajput, B/T of stunning lines whether stacked, free standing or on the move. A good size and just my type – her construction is text book and should be noted by those new to the breed. Classical full front with shoulders elbows and keel all fitting beautifully great spring of rib extending well back. Super top and underlines nice short loin stunning hindquarters with all the correct angles used to advantage on the move. Loved going over such a quality exhibit and hard to fault. I had no hesitation in awarding her CC & BOB. Congratulations to owner and also the breeder whose quality breeding filled the top spots in the 3 highest bitch classes – all are a credit to you.
2. Norton’s Ch. Matzell Martha, a top quality 5 and a half years red girl of good size and very sound throughout, another with a great front girdle construction. Lovely neckline, topline & underline into correctly built hindquarters. Moved correctly coming and going away just did not have the sparkle or drive of the winner today.
3. Williams & Moes Cwmdarhian Tiny Dancer.