Blackpool Championship Show 2022
Judge: Ruth Walters
I always enjoy judging wires not only are they such lovely characters but the sportsmanship from the ringside is pleasing to hear. One or two points that need to be made. I found three level bites. Typical dachshund forechest seem to be in the minority, also they do seem to be getting big. In many cases the bitches were the same size at the dogs and I like an Upstanding stallion male and a feminine bitch.
Puppy Dog (3) 1 abs
1. Turners HOTO ROCKET MAN Lovely head and expression, good eye shape, good reach of neck and well placed shoulder, good length of rib, very imature but well put together, moves soundly
2. Adams ELLESOPHIA FLY ME TO THE MOON Well up to size for his age, well covered with super bone and feet, preferred the topline and rear angulation of the winner on the move.
Junior Dog (4) 1ABS
1. Shaw’s TENDROW WILL I AM red Super front and shoulder, good length of ribbing, good strong well angulated hindquarters really drives out behind.
2. 2Eldred’s DERDLEDASH NAUGHTY NEPTUNE b&T lovely outline nice head, good reach of neck, good spring of rib but would prefer more length, well angulated behind but moves a touch close.
3. Bests’s STANGATE SET EM UP JOE FOR BESTINA
Yearling Dog (4) 1abs
1. Mountford’s INCORDEMEO BEETLE ABOUT B & t Pleasing to go over, well put together and moves soundly keeping a nice outline
2. Ord & Ainsley’s CLOUDSIDE SEBASTIAN OF MARADEE , played his handler up, carrying too much weight which makes him look loaded in shoulder which is well constructed, tidy front good ribbing, not the rear drive of the winner.
3. Maher’s MHARGLETON SIR GINGER SNAPS
Post Grad Dog (6) 1 & 2 just my type lovely size and true dachshund type with a wire coat 1. Smiths’s SALIXIAN RUSSIAN CARAVAN Lovely head good eye shape clean front excellent feet and bone, nice clean shoulder moves true just needs to mature
2 Horne’s SALIXIAN MOROCCAN MINT lovely type presume he is brother to the winner same comments apply but a touch more weight needed cuts up slightly too much in underline.
3 Cloudside Sebastian of Marnadee
Limit Dog (5) iabs
1. Davies ATAHIRA RUFFIAN Pleasing head, good reach of neck,. Super front and shoulder, good length and spring of fib well coupled loin strong hindquarter, moved soundly
2. Hutchings & Price COLLIDACH PERCY CUTE AT SAMLANE Another with a super head, neck , front and shoulder nice to go over just touch too big for me, preferred the more compact package that beat him
3. Mathews STANEGATE BILLY THE KID AT SONHAM
Open Dog (5)
1Chambers CHISHELVINE JUST A KISS WITH HOTOTO red fell in love with this fine upstanding stallion hound. Nothing I would like to change about him lovely to go over has a text book front,shoulder and follow through just powers around the ring with good length of stride and drive, presented to perfection. Delighted to award him CC & BOB which I understand gives him his crown.
2 Carruthers CH AIKTON ALEXANDER AT STANEGATE a VERY WORTHY CHAMPION. He caught my eye the moment he came into the ring beautifully type and construction but not the forechest of the winner
3Phillips CH ROYAL PEPPER VICE VERSA
Veteran Dog – no entries
Puppy Bitch (7)
1. Moore’s DEROCHAISE BLACK CHERRY B&T – My judges notes just say Beautiful – lovely outline moves out well and as good to go over as she looks, excels in rear angulation and drives out from behind covering the ground well, sure she will gain her crown in time pushed hard for the rcc BP
2. Coverley’s AVENTINE AUNT PATIENCE another really promising youngster of totally different type little taller on the leg than the winner and as yet not the co-ordination in movement but sure it will come
3. Mountfords INCORDEMEO FLASHY FOX
Junior Bitch (7) A really strong class full of quality 1. b&t Phillips TENDROW TURNS OVER THE PAGE how could I resist her a standard smooth shape with a wire jacket? I thought she was simply gorgeous BCC
2Cove & Print’s AMBIESQUE AVIDITY AVEC COLOURBOX brindle another quality bitch as good in front as the winner but slightly longer in body moves well, sure these two girls will battle it out many times
3Arthurs ELDERKINE’S HOT GOSSIP
Yearling Bitch (5) 2 abs
1 Dean’s BRONTILLOW YAN TAN TETHERA Stunning head and eye good reach of neck well placed shoulder and good ribbing lovely well angulated hindquarters but needs to tighten up in front movement.
2 Brierley’s BRAMALODGE BONFIRE HEART AT TATZE Head could be a little more feminine lovely reach on neck and topline not as good in hind angulation and taller in the hock than the winner
Post Graduate Bitch (10) 1abs
Gibsons ALLFREYS CORDELIA A very honest sound bitch, lovely head and beautiful head carriage on the move, correct front and shoulder excels in spring and length of rib sound movement fore and aft, neat compact package that keeps a lovely outline.
2Waller’s TENDROW LACED WITH SUCCESS another quality bitch that is correctly made she just needs to firm up and mature
3 Mountford’s TENDROW SPECIAL CREATION
Limit Bitch (5) 1abs
1.Davies ATAHIRA DOLCIAMI red, superb front shoulder and rib,keeps a strong topline on the move really drives out, would prefer a more refined head
2.Maccalmont & Mitchell’s SILVAE TIME AFTER TIME AT BRONIA Lovely clean head and neck, nice clean balanced outline moves out well just preferred the forchest of the winner, beautifully presented
3 Chambers TENDROW BLACK PEARL WITH HOTOTO
Open Bitch (5) 1abs
1. Hutchings CH COLLIDACH BROOK LING red, quality through and through best of fronts and sound positive movement, perfect package but would like her in a smaller mould. RCC
2. Gibsons CH ALLFREYS HELENA Another quality bitch pity we had to move indoors due to the weather think she would have gone better outside she pushed the winner hard beautifully made.
3. Moore & Dpwnes CH MEGLINE BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY