Lancashire & Cheshire Dachshund Club Championship Show 2022
Judge: Lloyd Cross
I would like to thank the committee for their kind invitation to judge at this their first partnership show being held at the Blackpool Championship Show. A lovely day hampered by the changeable weather conditions, however all seemed to go well. I was delighted with a strong entry of good quality wires which I am sure are fast becoming the second most popular variety behind the min smooths. Overall construction was very sound, some exhibits could have been tidier in presentation, a couple of kinky tails. My main observation for the variety would be to ensure that ribbing should be well extended back and loins short – several exhibits were short in ribbing and long in loin. I was delighted with all my winners and many classes had numerous excellent quality exhibits. Delighted to see my BOB winner takes BIS & Best Puppy RBPIS congratulations to all.
Veteran D/B – (1,1)
Minor Puppy Dog (6,2)
1. Moores Upor Huberhorn with Difiur (imp Rom) - Chunky 6-month dark wild boar lad of lovely outgoing temperament and correct size with a good coat. Still learning his craft as all are at 6 months but very much has all the essentials. Very sound in front, and correct shoulders. Has correct movement when he decided to listen to his handler. A lovely puppy that will do very well. BPD
2. Adams Elleshophia Fly With Me To The Moon – very sound wild boar with a decent coat. Good masculine head and nice eye shape and colour. Felt he was slightly upright in shoulder. Strong chunky hindquarters but not the movement behind of the winner at the moment.
3. Turners Hototo Rocket Man
Puppy Dog (1,0)
1. Adams Elleshophia Fly With Me To The Moon
Junior Dog (3,1)
1. Eldred’s Derdledash Naughty Neptune – very smart B/T of correct size and length. Balanced throughout. Strong neck of good length and a sound front girdle. Good topline and strong hindquarters, in excellent coat. On the move was true fore and aft but could have moved with more verve.
2. Bests Stanegate Set Em Up Joe for Bestina – sound dog overall good front and strong prosternum, nice head and eye. Not behaving himself on the move on the day. A little longer cast than winner, but a quality exhibit who just needs to get it together on the move.
Yearling Dog (4,0)
1. Ord & Ainsley’s Cloudside Sebastian of Marnadee – correct size and well balance dog of quality. I particularly liked his masculine head and long & strong neck into lovely laid-back shoulders. Strong, well angulated hindquarters. A well-balanced boy who also used his well angulated, strong hindquarters to show a good driving action. Unfortunately, as the day progressed decided he wanted to play his handler up and was unsettled in the challenge not giving of his best.
2. Mountfords Incordemeo Beetle About – B/T of good coat. Another lovely exhibit of good substance and balance without any sign of exaggeration or coarseness. Correct front and good shoulders, good topline and correctly angulated hindquarters. Had a lovely outline on the move. Pushed the winner hard.
3. Adam’s Sonham Paddington JW
Post Graduate Dog (6,0)
1. Cloudside Sebastian of Marnadee
2. Hunts Weinacht Larch at Drakkina – lovely sound masculine dog of a larger type but still balanced throughout. Strong correct front, good shoulder placement and strong level topline. A good harsh coat and strong positive sound movement. Held a good outline on the move and used his hindquarters with drive.
3. Smith’s Salixian Russian Caravan.
Limit Dog (5,1)
1. Hutchings & Price’s Collidach Percy Cute at Samlane – Super chunky wild boar of great presence. Super ribbing and nice short loin great angulation in the shoulders and hindquarters. Strong well defined prosternum. Held a super outline at all times. Won the class on his movement and outline. Considered in the challenge but both my principal winners had a little bit more finesse and finish.
2. Davies Atahira Ruffian – another wild boar of super quality. Best of fronts and great shoulders- correct proportions throughout and moved correctly and with purpose. Just preferred the topline of the winner on the move.
3. Matthews Stanegate Billy The Kid.
Open Dog (3,0)
1. Chambers Cishelvine Just A Kiss with Hototo – tremendous red with correct coat, excellent balance and of a correct size. Striking front assembly super prosternum and depth of keel with sufficient ground clearance. Lovely shoulder placement and on the day could not be denied his win on his performance, lovely driving hind action and super reach in front. Every dog has his day, and this was his! CC & BOB Understand that this was his 4th CC having received his crowning CC earlier in the day. Many congratulations a very worthy champion who had many of his progeny in the cards including the bitch CC winner! Thrilled to watch him represent the breed and win Best In Show!
2. Smith’s Salixian Eau Rouge – quality red dog who has improved with maturity. Quality all round construction and correct movement away and back – not the extension in drive as winner.
3. Christie’s Tannahill Bergen at Decalleigh.
Champion Dog (2,0)
1. Carruthers Ch. Aikton Alexander at Stanegate – excellent dog of classic lines – super stylish and very sound throughout. Lovely balance in the stack and on the move. Correct masculine head and good neck into flowing nicely laid-back shoulders. Good bone and substance without any signs of being coarse. It was a very difficult decision between him and the open winner as both were deserving of a CC in the end it was the superior drive of the Open winner that bagged the top spot. Will go on to many more top awards for sure, a lovely champion. Res. CC
2. Phillips Ch. Royal Peppers Vice Versa (Imp Fin) – another worthy champion of super sound construction has all the attributes of a top-quality dog in abundance and has super drive and reach. Really liked him. A little more continental in his balance and construction but would have deserved another CC – shame there was only one to give!
Minor Puppy Bitch (6,2)
1. Beagrie’s Ellesophia Light the Way to Feldhund – a very delightful outgoing and well trained 8-month pup. Very promising at this stage and has quality coming through. Good head and front and just wanted to show off on the day winning with her performance, personality, and confident movement.
2. Dean & Moores’ Ulla Von Huberhorn Intre Dierfiur (Imp Rom) – sister to the minor puppy dog winner and a beautiful baby that is still very raw at 6 months but will develop into a very smart girl I predict. Good overall conformation and lovely temperament like her brother. A pair to watch with interest just needs time and experience.
3. Corner’s Cishelvine Portia at Carcorn.
Puppy Bitch (3,1)
1. Coverley’s Aventine Aunt Patience – what a beautiful 10-month puppy, super temperament, outgoing and happy yet together when it mattered. Super sound construction, nothing exaggerated, lovely jacket & presented beautifully. Great size and lovely balanced outline when standing and on the move. She filled my eye and in the challenge was really moving and showing superbly – at one with her handler/owner. Delighted to award her Res.CC & BPIB – lovely to see her later go RBPIS a very bright future in prospect.
2. Moore’s Derochaise Black Cherry Cloudside – B/T of very smart lines and another I really thought highly of. Correct front, neat elbows & a good head and eye, lovely length of neck into a good solid topline. On the move I felt a little longer cast than my winner but moved with verve and with correct action – another that will do well.
Junior Bitch (5,0)
1. Arthers Elderkine’s Hot Gossip – super shaded red of lovely flowing hound lines seen to great example on the move. Correct size, no exaggerations and correct build. Particularly liked her reach of neck, laid back shoulders and a clean run into a lovely flowing topline. Moved with style and great ring presence.
2. Phillip’s Tendrow Turns Over The Page – another beautiful youngster of correct size, great coat, lovely head, and eye. Moved soundly with purpose from well angulated hindquarters.
3. Wallers Lady In Roseyred
Yearling Bitch (3,1)
1. Dean’s Brontillow Yan Tan Tethera – a very nicely balanced girl of good substance and build. Correct strong well angulated hindquarters used with purpose on the move. Great coat and very well presented.
2. Brierley’s Bramalodge Bonfire Heart at Tatze, placed Reserve in the previous very strongly contested class but has many attributes. Would prefer better angulation in the hind quarters but apart from that has a lot to like.
1. Hunt’s Boloria Tetley Tea Cake at Drakkina – nice girl of good size – could have a little more substance. Lovely head and expression into good shoulders and decent topline. Again, a little more hind angulation would improve the overall picture.
2. Bramalodge Bonfire Heart at Tatze
Post Graduate (6,0) Close decision
1. Mountford’s Tendrow Special Creation – lovely red of good type, correct size, and balance. Lovely head and elegant reach of neck into good shoulders & a solid topline, used her hindquarters to great advantage which won her the call in this closely fought contest.
2. Gibson’s Allfreys Cordelia – lovely sized girl with elegance and style. Lovely to go over on the table and well-built throughout – just preferred the movement in front of the winner.
3. Phillip’s Tendrow Wired To Succeed
Limit Bitch (6,2)
1. Chambers Tendrow Black Pearl with Hototo – a super sound B/T who I have admired before as a youngster – still has the ring presence and natural ability and correct conformation to present a beautiful outline in the freestand and on the move. Classic front and shoulders super flowing lines and a well balanced correct sized girl. Her opposition was tough today and quality and depth was strong. Still love this girl.
2. Davies Atahira Dolciami – another elegant girl who presented a lovely balanced outline with strong sound construction all through moved well and correctly coming and going.
3. Silvae Time After Time at Bronia
Open Bitch (5,1)
1. Hutchings Ch. Collidach Brook Ling – lovely red bitch of super quality construction, sound easy flowing movement, great outgoing temperament. Best of fronts, strong prosternum correct depth of keel flowing back creating a lovely underline. Strong well angulated hindquarters used with great purpose on the move. A smooth moving girl who takes after her sire (Dog CC winner) in the style of movement, forward reach, and drive from strong hindquarters. Delighted to award her CC.
2. Gibson’s Ch Allfreys Helena – a lovely girl I have judged and given a class a youngster. Has matured into a fine example of the breed. Super sound all through and holds a great outline in the stack and on the move. Lovely flowing elegant hound lines which is something I admire in the correctly made dachshund. A very worthy champion.
3. Moore’s Megline Bohemian Rhapsody.